Personal Information Collection Statement
This Personal Information Collection Statement (this “Statement“) is made by Hong Kong Ticketing (International) Limited (“HK Ticketing“, “we“, “us“, or “our“), and applies between us and you (“you“, or “your“). This Statement should be read together with the Terms and Conditions (if any) of the relevant mobile application operated by us or hosting or running our service (if any) (“Application”) and the website at http://www.hkticketing.com/ (“Website“) (the “Terms and Conditions“), provided that, in the event of any inconsistency between this Statement and the Terms and Conditions concerning matters relating to personal data, this Statement shall prevail.
HK Ticketing is part of the New World group of companies which includes New World Development Company Limited (“NWD“), New World Property Management Company Limited, NWS Holdings Limited, New World China Land Limited, New World Department Store China Limited, K11 Concepts Limited, New World Loyalty Programme Limited, New World Group Charity Foundation Limited, K11 Art Foundation Limited, Humansa Limited and other affiliated or related companies from time to time (as listed here: https://www.nwd.com.hk/pics/) (“New World Group“) (including any joint venture companies where any of the New World Group’s companies has an interest from time to time (as listed here: https://www.nwd.com.hk/pics/ )) whose activities include real estate (sale, leasing and investment), mortgage services, retail, property management, facilities management, activity planning and management, infrastructure, shopping malls, department stores, jewelleries and luxury products, e-commerce, hospitality services, food and beverages, convention and exhibition centres, sports and recreational facilities, education, health care and senior care, transportation, sustainability programmes and products, TMT (Technology, Media and Telecom), start up and social innovation programmes and charitable pursuits including sports, recreation, art and cultural programmes, relief of poverty, advancement of education, advancement of religion, and other purposes that are beneficial to the community (the “Goods and Services“) (the New World Group and joint venture companies together referred to as “Affiliates“).
In order to enable us to perform the Purposes (see below), you are required to provide all the requested/mandatory personal data during user account registration and making booking or placing orders. If you do not provide the required personal data, then we may not be able to perform the Purposes and/or provide goods or services to you.
Collection of information
You may be invited to provide to your personal data on HK Ticketing’s website for different purposes at different times. If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you provide HK Ticketing with your personal data.
Kinds of personal data
The kinds of personal data we may collect from you include your name, title, gender, date of birth, interests and favourite activities, user name and password, contact information such as your telephone number, mailing address, email address, company name, IP address, geographic location, social media account information, your credit card and/or other payment methods and billing information, including name , card number, billing address, expiry date, verification code and other payment details; additional necessary information such as “Name on Ticket”; part of your Hong Kong Identity Card no. shall be collected for procuring insurance for risks such as COVID-19, where applicable; your relevant identification like membership numbers as registered in other organization (if any) as required by the relevant course providers/event organizers to process your booking/enrolment.
Purposes for using personal data
The personal data to be collected from you will be used and retained by us (and/or our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners as defined in the “Direct Marketing” section below, as applicable) for the following purposes (as may be applicable from time to time) (together, the “Purposes“):
- To process your ticket bookings and purchase, course enrolment, transactions at HK Ticketing, and producing your own history record;
- Identifying and verifying your identity and/or as a member;
- Registering you as a user of the HK Ticketing services and platforms;
- To handle and respond to your enquiry and feedback and to contact you when necessary;
- To handle your newsletter subscription, to maintain the subscription record and to send newsletters and other direct marketing materials to you;
- To serve you better and/or maintain your personal data and/or information across multiple pages within or across one or more sessions when using the HK Ticketing services and platforms;
- Following registration as a user, accessing your account information and managing your account (including, but not limited to, changing your password, updating your personal information, subscribing/unsubscribing from direct marketing, etc.);
- Research, development, and analysis in relation to your/customer behaviour including carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and transaction behaviour. to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting Marketing Subjects (see below) that are likely to be of interest to you, and carrying out aggregated behavioural analysis, including using personal data for statistical analysis, data science studies and data mining;
- For you to make enquiries, complaints, and/or suggestions to us in relation to the Purposes and/or the Goods and Services (including, but not limited to, through an in-app text box on your mobile device or through our official social media page and/or our official website of, or by text message, email and/or mail, and/or other media whether now known or available in the future);
- Seeking your feedback, including through surveys, in relation to the Purposes and/or the Goods and Services (including, but not limited to, through an in-app text box on your mobile device or through our official social media page and/or our official website of, or by text message, email and/or mail, and/or other media whether now known or available in the future);
- Improving the Application/Website, Purposes, and our Affiliates’ and Marketing Partners’ Goods and Services;
- Direct marketing and cross-marketing for the Marketing Subjects, subject to consent (see below section entitled “Direct marketing”);
- Data analytics, profiling, information management and database administration;
- Deterring, detection, investigation and/or prevention of activities that may violate, or may be suspected to violate, our policies or may be abusive, illegal, and/or criminal;
- Collection or recovery of any debt owed by you to us or our Affiliates;
- The normal management, operation, and maintenance of the Application/Website and the provision of the Goods and Services to you;
- Storing your personal data (whether by a single or multiple Affiliates (including us) or our Marketing Partners) for the purpose of sharing such personal data with our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners for any and all of the other Purposes listed above; and/or
- Other purposes ancillary or related to the above.
Those with whom we share personal data
We may engage agents, contractors, suppliers and service providers in connection with the Purposes and/or the provision of the Goods and Services, e.g. IT providers, marketing agents, social media, research companies, and service providers of development and maintenance, administrative, data processing, digital storage, or other similar services, and may transfer to or share your personal data with them for the Purposes. We may also share your personal data with our Affiliates, our Marketing Partners (see below) and the social media platforms that we and/or our Affiliates/our Marketing Partners (see below) use for such Purposes. Where we are required by the law of any country or place or requested by any court, regulatory body or governmental body of any country or place, we may also disclose your personal data as required. In the event of any actual or proposed transfer of business, transfer of shares, re-structuring, amalgamation, merger, sale, transfer, or purchase of us or our business or our Affiliates or our Affiliates’ businesses, your personal data may be transferred to the new entity as part of the transaction, provided that the new entity abides by this Statement and continues to exercise the same level of care, in respect of your personal data, as we would. You will be notified of such event and you may decide to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data.
Your personal data may be stored by us in physical locations and/or servers located within or outside Hong Kong and/or shared with our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners (see below) located within or outside Hong Kong. However, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that your personal data is stored and processed securely, regardless of the country or place in which it is stored, and we procure by contract or use our reasonable endeavours to ensure that our Affiliates and our Marketing Partners do the same.
Subject to your consent, we may use your personal data to send you direct marketing (including, but not limited to, special offers, news, information and marketing) about us, our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners in relation to the Marketing Subjects (see below) whether by in-app messages and/or notifications and/or push notifications to your mobile device, post, email, telephone, text message, or other media whether now known or available in the future.
Subject to your consent, we may also use your personal data for, or provide your personal data to, our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners (see below) so that they may send you direct marketing (including, but not limited to, special offers, news, information and marketing) about us, our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners in relation to the Marketing Subjects (see below) whether by in-app messages and/or notifications and/or push notifications to your mobile device, post, email, telephone, text message, and/or other media whether now known or available in the future. Our “Marketing Partners“ include property developers, banks, finance and investment institutions, insurance companies, private clubs, concierge and customer service provider, retail outlets and online businesses (products and services including fashion and beauty, health and personal cares, luxury, home and living, food, wine and beverage, books and stationery), shopping malls, department stores, watches and jewellers (such as Chow Tai Fook Jewellery Group Limited), hotel chains, catering services providers, healthcare and senior care, services and/ or products providers including art and culture, gallery and exhibition, green and nature, sports and recreation, travel and accommodation, leisure and entertainment, transportation and logistics, telecommunication and information technology, education and institutions.
As we may share your personal data with our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners, we may also receive your personal data from them. Subject to your consent given to our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners, we may also use such personal data to send you direct marketing about us, our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners in relation to the Marketing Subjects.
The types of products, services, events and charitable initiatives that we, our Affiliates and/or our Marketing Partners may market to you include the following (together, the “Marketing Subjects“):
- goods and services offered by us and/or our Affiliates in relation to the Goods and Services;
- finance, banking, mortgage, insurance and other related services and products by banks, finance and investment institutions and insurance companies;
- access and privileges at private clubs;
- professional consultation on customer services, including but not limited to event planning, holidays, hotels, travel, and tickets reservation;
- consumer products and services by retail outlets and/or online businesses, including clothing, shoes, fashion, fashion accessories and beauty, health and personal cares, luxury, home and living, household products, food, wine, liquor and beverages, confectionary, groceries, books and stationery, toys, cigarettes and cigars, fragrances and cosmetics, baby products, telephones and mobile devices, electronics and electrical appliances, computer software, and games, bags and luggage, furniture, sports and leisure equipment, ;
- pharmaceutical products, medical and pharmaceutical services, therapists;
- tutoring, mentoring, home cleaning, janitor services, landscape and plant maintenance services, agricultural services, part time housekeeping, plumbing services, locksmiths, barber and salon services, gym and fitness services, laundry services, florists, vehicle towing, and motor vehicle services;
- reward, loyalty, privileges programmes and promotions at shopping malls and department stores;
- reward, loyalty, privileges programmes and promotions for customers and/or potential customers of the New World Group;
- watches, jewelleries and accessories;
- restaurants, catering services on food, wine and beverage;
- travel, hospitality and accommodation services and products, including but not limited to hotels and serviced apartments, holiday package products and services offered by travel agents, tickets to attractions;
- transportation and logistics service, including but not limited to air travel and non-air transportation services such as hotel transfers, car rentals, bus operators, train operators and cruise operators, and courier services and shipping services ;
- conference and exhibition management services, consultancy and marketing research services, supply chain management, event and project management services, gaming services, advertising and public relations services, media production services;
- tickets for concerts, galleries, exhibitions, films, theatricals, sporting, special and cultural events;
- green and nature activities;
- technology, telecommunication, internet and mobile communication services, social networking and media;
- graphic and interior design services, photography services, printing and publishing services;
- legal services, medical services, accounting, auditing, bookkeeping and taxation services, engineering services, architectural services, surveying services, equipment rental services, hospitality services;
- professional advice and/or consultation on education and/or personal enhancement;
- charitable initiatives which support areas including sports, recreation, art and cultural programmes relief of poverty, advancement of education, advancement of religion and other purposes that are beneficial to the community
We cannot use or provide your personal data for direct marketing purposes unless you consent. Even if you give your consent, you can opt out of direct marketing at any time. You can:
- indicate your consent by providing us with your personal data when you Join My HK Ticketing on our website, ticking boxes indicating your consent; or
- change your direct marketing preferences free of charge at any time, by clicking here to login “My Account” to manage your preferences; or
- opt-out from receiving marketing communications free of charge at any time, by clicking here to login “My Account” to unsubscribe; or
- follow the opt out instructions contained in the communications.
HK Ticketing, however, shall take no responsibility for all obligations and liabilities in relating to such Marketing Subjects as conducted/provided by our Affiliates and/or Marketing Partners.
Accuracy of information
You may be requested to provide to HK Ticketing certain personal data (particularly relating to your contact information) for specific services. If you fail to provide or update accurate information as requested for each specific service, the provision of such services by HK Ticketing may be affected.
HK Ticketing’s internal IT system is developed and maintained by our staff and an overseas third-party service provider. The third-party service provider does not have access to any personal data stored in the IT system except when it is carrying out trouble-shooting on our system under the supervision of our staff.
The HK Ticketing website and booking engine are developed and maintained by an overseas third-party service provider. All HK Ticketing service providers are bound by their contractual duty to keep confidential any data they come into contact with against unauthorised access, use and retention.
You have the right to:
- check whether we hold any of your personal data;
- access your personal data held by us;
- require us to correct any personal data which is inaccurate;
- ascertain our policies and practices (from time to time) in relation to personal data and the types of personal data held by us.
If you would like to make a request in relation to the above (or make any general enquiries), please contact our Personal Data Privacy Officer at 30th Floor, New World Tower, 18 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong or firstname.lastname@example.org (marked Confidential). In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) (the “PDPO“), we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any personal data access request.
If you want to cancel your HK Ticketing account, please contact HK Ticketing Customer Service at email@example.com, marked “Account Cancellation”, and we shall handle your request immediately. The subject account will be cancelled and your personal data will be removed within fourteen (14) business days after our receipt of the request in writing, subject to legal retention requirements. Please ensure that all relevant event/performance (i.e. the event/performance for which tickets have been purchased under the subject account) under the subject account has ended before sending us your request of Account Cancellation. We are not able to contact you in case of any change of cancellation/rescheduling of such relevant event/performance once we have cancelled the subject account.
- our collection and/or use of Log Files (data relating to your use of/visits to the HK Ticketing website and platforms, including but not limited to your IP address, domain name, browser type and access time);
- retention of your personal data;
- third party merchants and/or websites that may be contained in the [Application/Website];
- how we keep your personal data secure;
- use of your personal data in legal proceedings.
Change of control
Provisions relating to individuals based in the EU
If you are based in the EU, you have a number of additional legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. These rights include:
Right to obtain certain information:
You have a right to obtain certain information about our processing, including: the purposes of processing the data; the categories of personal data processed; the recipients who receive your personal data; how long we store your personal data or the criteria we apply to determine retention periods; information on the source of the data where it is not collected directly from you; information on the safeguards we use to secure cross-border transfers; and whether we use automated decision making.
Right to receive a copy (data portability):
You have a right to receive a copy of any personal data which we process about you, in a commonly used and machine-readable format. This extends to the right to request that we transmit your personal data to another data controller, where technically possible. Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of personal information.
Right of erasure:
You have a right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain circumstances (including where it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it; or where you withdraw your consent).
Right to restrict data processing:
You have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (including where you contest the accuracy of the data).
Right to object to data processing:
You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (i.e. for direct marketing purposes or for statistical purposes).
Right to withdraw your consent:
You have a right to withdraw your consent at any time, although this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before the withdrawal.
Right to lodge a complaint:
You have a right to raise a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
Right to not be subject to automated decision-making:
You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making in relation to your personal data. We can confirm that we do not use automated decision-making.
Right to be notified of a data security breach:
You have a right to be notified in the event of a personal data breach which is likely to result in a high risk to your rights.
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese version of this Statement, the English version shall prevail.
This Statement may be updated from time to time to reflect changes to our policy with respect to personal data protection and/or changes to personal data/data privacy laws and regulations. Where there are significant changes, we will notify you and obtain your acceptance of the changes, consents, and/or opt in (as necessary or applicable). If you do not accept the changes and/or provide your consent, then we may not be able to perform the Purposes and/or provide goods or services to you. You are advised to check the HK Ticketing website for updates to this Statement on a regular basis.
Nothing in this Statement shall limit your rights under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of the laws of Hong Kong.
This Statement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Hong Kong. This Statement was last updated on 28 September 2021.